MJ (Maryjane) Kennedy (formerly Calvert) is a Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT) and Registered Thai Therapist (RTT) experienced in using therapeutic and orthopedic massage to help clients optimize their health, well-being and physical performance. She is an experienced educator in developing and delivering instructor led-training in massage therapy and is an NCBTMB Approved Provider for continuing education.
With over 1,400 hours of education and over 12 years of practice in Swedish, Therapeutic and Thai Massage, and Osteopathic Manual Thearpy she is highly skilled in the following modalities:
- Swedish Massage, including Effleurage, Petrisage and Tapotment
- Orthopedic Massage/Deep Tissue Massage
- Traditional Thai Massage
- Osteopathic Manual Therapy
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Myofascial Release
- Post-Isometric Relaxation (PIR) Techniques
- Lymphatic Drainage for Sports Injuries
- Cranio-Sacral Techniques, basic
- Facilitated Positional Release (FPR) and Strain-Counterstrain
- Postural Assessment
- Intra-oral TMJ Treatment
- Accupressure Point Techniques
- Sports Event Massage
- Chair Massage
As a Massage Therapy Instructor at Denver Integrative Massage School from 2012 to 2016, MJ developed and delivered the 76-hour Western Massage Curriculum as part of their 600-hour Massage Therapy Certificate program. As a Student Clinic Supervisor, she provided hands-on feedback to students during their education. In 2016, MJ launched Evolve Integrated Massage Training and began developing and delivering continuing education classes in massage therapy.
- Cortiva Institute – Colorado, Denver, CO, Certificate, Massage Therapy (December 2007): 884 hours training in foundational and therapeutic massage with supporting course work in Anatomy, Physiology, Quality of Touch, Ethics and Business Management.
- Sunshine Massage School, Chiang Mai, Thailand, Certificate, Traditional Thai Massage (January 2008): 80 hours Beginners Course in Traditional Thai Massage.
- London College of Osteopathy, London, Ontario, Canada, Associate Certificate Osteopathy (March 2018): 320 hours training in osteopathy, osteopathic models of health and disease, biomechanics, and osteopathic modalities and treatement.
- University of Colorado, Denver, CO, Master of Science Degree, Organizational Management (December 1999)
Over 200 hours of continuing education in Western and Thai Modalities including the following classes:
- Fascia and Low Back Pain: Myofascial Techniques for the Thoracolumbar Fascia
- Releasing Restrictions in the Thoracic Spine with Precision Neuromuscular Techniques
- Introduction to Kinesiology Taping
- Thai Massage with the Feet
- Thai Massage Advanced Stretches and Techniques, Weeks 1 and 2
- Assessment and Treatment of Dysfunction
- Thai Foot Massage
- SEN Line Therapy
- Advanced Pressure Point Workshop
- Philosophy and History of Osteopathy
- Osteopathic Models of Health and Disease
- Osteopathic Modalities and Treatments
- Evolve Integrated Massage Training, Massage Therapy Instructor and Owner, Denver, CO (2016 to present): NCBTMB Approved Continuing Education provider for massage therapy education.
- Elephant Moon Massage, Massage Therapist and Owner, Denver, CO (2008 to present): Private massage therapy practice providing a full complement of massage services.
- Denver Integrative Massage School, Massage Therapy Instructor, Denver, CO (2012 to 2016): Massage school offering a 600-hour Certified Massage Therapy program in Western and Thai Massage.
- American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) – 2007 to present
- Thai Healing Alliance (THAI), Registered Thai Therapist Member – 2010 to present
- NCBTMB Approved Continuing Education Provider (AP #1130) – 2016 to present
- London College of Osteopathy, Associate Member – 2018 to present